I am getting sick and tired of this Lal Krishna Advani’s comments on Manmohan that he is a weak prime-minister. Weak? Weak in what way? Does polite words and dignified life of man means that he is weak?
Advani is getting old. He is a man full of ambitions and I think he will not hesitate taking any possible means to fulfill it. Now he wants to become a priminister no matter what. If he looses this elections, possibly he may never again become a prime-minister of this country. So he is trying all means possible.
So waht are the steps he took to capture the prime-ministers seat
- He launched a website, and tried to connect with the youth. His intentions of connecting with youth is good, but for that he must think like a youth. He is a man of old ideas. Ideas that predates to the age of Ramayana and certainly things have changed now.
- He fell at the feet of few people who I think a good politician will not do. He went to Rajinikanth, who knows what happened in the back doors? He tried for alliance with Jayalalitha, but as BJP is no more relevant in Tamil Nadu she must have rejected him.
- He sends SMS’s, possibly 1000’s of them each day targeting random phone numbers. In a world were people are annoyed of marketing SMS’s I don’t think it will do any good.
- I think Varun Gandhi controversy is Advani’s brain child. BJP has done better when the nation is polarized, and that’s what they are trying to do it now.
- Advani has attacked prime-minister for no reason. It’s equal to Sonia’s attack on Atal B. Vajpyee. I had no respect for Sonia when she spoke ill of Vajpyee and I don’t have respect Advani when is speaks ill of man who could be compared to Vajpyee
Manmohan on the other hand had stood strong. I think he understands his strengths and weakness. Manmohans weakness is that he is not a politician. All politicians should be like Monmohan, unfortunately for him, he is not like a average politician. He seems to believe in truth than to deceive people by words, thats why I think he can’t win elections.
I must appreciate him on the nuclear deal. Being a communist (by heart, not as a member of communist party), I objected to it. I typed documents saying that ‘we Indians should not became slave to the U.S’ and sent it to my friends. Communist raised their war flags. At that time it was certain that the government would fall. If it was any other person, he would have bowed to pressure to save the government. Manmohan on the other hand took a do or die stance. He gave the responsibility of saving the government to Sonia and he proceeded with the deal. Luck favoured him and he won.
Its not about the fact that he is licky or not, but its about he stood for what he said. We might have lost, but we did loose to a warrior, the bravest we have encountered. I am proud of it. May he live long and serve our people. If God exists, may he bless him.