Very recently i was offered by this Arich Infotech to take emergency Java classes at Cognizant (Murugesh Palaya, Bangalore). I haven’t travelled long and I missed teaching to pro’s and hence took the job. I just knew Arich Infotech less than 6 hours and here I have a teaching assignment! That’s cool!!
I was told that the guy before me went sick and hence the teaching of Java has been delayed. I went to Bangalore, reported at Cognizant and was surprised to find that they were really angry with Arich Infotech. Arich seems to be a kind of company that says it offers quality tech education, but till now has sent monkeys to Cognizant.
I have to tell about this funny girl called @ Cognizant who is likea Donald Duck, she was all blah blah. Apart from that she seems to be a good soul. She made me wait for 2 hours before putting me online with her supervisor who I feel was only fit for government job.
This supervisor wanted to interview me (before sending me totech their employees) and he did it via telecon. He blahed and I BLAAAAAAAHHHHED and hence I won and I was before students. The first I noted that all boys wore shirt (formals), neatly tucked into pants and polished shoes!! I was thinking WHAT? Am I here to teach geeks or some bunch of ‘yes boss’ robots?
Taking classes for them, I found that Arich employees created blunders and these nice students haven’t given bad opinion about them because they don’t want these trainers to loose job. These people (students) don’t seem to realize that these trainers would propagate and would end up spoiling other batch of students as well.
As the days passed, I was able to finish Java for them but I am not 100% satisfied with my effort, because the rules of Cognizant freaked me out. Here are some of their rules:
1. Every one must wear shoes in their campus. Because a divine light descended on their vice president Lakshmi Narayanan and told that geeks who were shoes will program better. It also said that Mr. Karthikeyan can teach better if he wore shoes on Cognizant campus. I must meet that divine light and switch its power supply off to make my life better. Divinity is messing a lot with me because I am a Atheist
2. There must be classes from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM , because any less study will make your neurons disappear and make you dumb. So I had to wait in class, even after my classes are over, so as to please the management and keep my neuron count high.
3. I completed the syllabus yesterday and I have to be here today (SATURDAY) too! Just to please the management. Here the trainees seem to have no thought of their own, unlike my employees who often revolt against me!! They seem to believe any thing and every thing their management says without a question. this is certainly evolution backwards.
4. You have to hear these lectures from a associate which goes like this:
‘YOU WILL FAIL IF YOU DON’T READ’
‘I AM TELLING IT FOR YOUR GOOD’
‘IN COGNIZANT YOU WILL FIND NIRVANA’
5. Believe it or not, they check their employees bags here.
I have not been training professionals in their offices recently, but if this is the kind of trend that goes in the I.T industry, then, this industry is not creating thinkers to make the world better, but churning out disciplined robots that won’t hesitate to cleans one shoes for money.
In a age where are moved to unified syllabus in schools so that the students instead of saying ‘yes mam’ can question their teachers, and in days where the Chinese visit us regularly to keep knowing how we are progressing on literacy, our professional industry however wished to created damped minds. So so so so pathetic.
Wish you a “Happy back to school” people!